Holocaust Torah Scrolls

The old Jewish Cemetery of Kolin is on the west of the historic city square of Kolin. It is an irregular polygon boardered by the streets Na Petrine, Slunecni, Prazska, Kmochova and Nad Zastavkou. A path going from east to west and tranversing the entire cemetery, joins the gate on Kmochova Street to that of Slunecni Street. The cemetery is locked with a key which according to the instructions written on the gates, is at the disposal of visitors in the Regional Museum in the City Square. This museum also organizes the maintenance of the cemetery by volunteers.

The tombs are grouped in irregular rows in a north-south direction. Inscriptions in general are towards the east. In the eastern part are those generally dating from the 15th to the 19th century, not in chronological order. In the western part are tombs primarily from the second half of the 19th century.

The old cemetery at Kolin is among the oldest and most important in Bohemia, with the settlement of Jews in Kolin going back to 1410. The cemetery was founded in the middle of the 15th century and was in use until 1887, when a new cemetery was founded at Kolin-Zalabi.

Click here for access to the Memorial Scrolls Trust website.

Map of Kolin